Monday, January 31, 2011

In this weeks "Super Bowl" Edition of Your Gridiron Fix


"YGF" for the week of 01-25-2011 - 02/09/2011


NFL Super Bowl Game
Sunday, February 6th, 2011

6:00 PM (EST) Pittsburgh Steelers VS Green Bay Packers (FOX)
 Game played at Cowboys Stadium

After 256 regular season games and 10 playoff games were down to the final game of the season. This is the most important game of the season because we get to finally know who is this season's best team in the NFL. Their has been numerous story lines this season from the helmet to helmet hits that resulted in fines, top rated teams finishing with losing records, Michael Vick's resurgence not only as a person but as player and lets not forgot about the potential lockout that has been looming in the back ground since day one. The one that probably stands out the most to you is the lockout, which after Sunday moves into the immediate forefront and will take up most of the off season football talk. But lets not get into that now, lets give that another week or so until we tackle that topic.

This week is a week of celebration. Its a time to reflect what we as football fans have been through in the last 5 1/2 months. You may still be riding high from winning your Fantasy Football League or be down in the dumps due to your favorite NFL teams depressing season. But either way, you've made it this far and why not witness who wins the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl not only resembles who ends up on top but it's a time for friends and families to get together outside of the holidays. This will be a day where some people sit down to enjoy the commercials ($3 million per 30 seconds), some may tune in to just watch the halftime show or if your like me, I've watched 200 plus games already this season.. why not one more? Its also a great time to celebrate food, I mean what else compliments football besides beer? That's right... food, not always the healthiest selections of food are displayed but is anyone really worried about that at this point? Well... probably a lot of you but it's only one day.

So as we whine down on what has to be one of the most unusual season's in NFL history, I recommend you embrace it and enjoy the show. The team that can maintain their focus throughout this week and the extended breaks throughout the game will end up Champions. I don't want to get too much into the preview and what to expect from these two teams because you can find that info anywhere and by the time the ball is kicked off, your ears will be bleeding from being force fed the same information. I will say this, this should be a great hard fought game and as fans that's what we want to see, especially if your favorite has been eliminated. We have enjoyed great games in the past 3 Super Bowls and I think were on track for #4.

In closing I'd like to thank everyone that has followed me this season. We have several new editions in line for next season and give ways for supporters so please stay tuned. I will be posting off season articles monthly and from time to time posting new articles up until when the season starts. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and on Facebook for up to the minute updates. Oh before I go, You knew I couldnt leave without picking a winner. I predict the Packers win the Superbowl 24-21, by making a huge game saving interception to prevent the Steelers from winning the game in the last seconds. Best of luck to both teams and may the best team win!

That's ball folks
- Gridiron Guru



4 comments:

  1. Great season, thanks. I look forward to next season and the updates. Enjoy the game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice site, first time here. Really neat stuff, I look ofrward to next season. Go Packers, I too think it will be a great game. Glad its indoors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guru, I'm with you on all the over hyped analysis...I mean it's what those guys get paid for but it is painful after the first couple days. Media day yesterday was pretty cool though. Some pretty funny interviews. The game will be a good on thats for sure. Can't wait!!! Go Pack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chime in for the Steeler nation.. #3 for Big Ben. He pulls out another one. should be a fun game. I like your page and insights, very unique.

    Steel City

    ReplyDelete

YGF Archive


Some words about :

Devoted and passionate sports fan. Excited to crack into the world of sports through my words and insights about the game I love. "Your Gridiron Fix" will caterer to all fans of any age, gender and experience. I will give you updated facts, knowledge and various articles that you wont read anywhere else. Its all for the love of the game. Now that my football vows have concluded. I appreciate you following my blog and you can also follow me on Twitter @yourgridironfix or email me at yourgridironfix@gmail.com